Front of the House Manager
At Atlantic Place, our food is created and prepared by a chef, not a cook. We carefully select fresh and local ingredients that will expand your palate with both familiar and new favorites and our friendly and knowledgeable staff will increase your knowledge of different types of foods and the ways we make them better. At Atlantic Place, we exist to create memorable and fun dining experiences that help you connect with the people you love and leave you feeling refreshed and inspired.
The role of a Front of the House Manager is to supervise and coordinate the entire front of house team, to ensure the guest receives a warm welcome and that our service runs smoothly. This person may also be involved in recruitment of team members and carrying out administrative and financial duties.
KEY WORK DUTIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Managing the front of house team
- Ensuring the restaurant is profitable
- Ensuring the customer receives the warmest possible welcome
- Appointing staff roles
- Handling staff complaints
- Training staff
- Able to tend bar and assist with
- Assisting guest complaints
- Financial oversight / planning
SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES:
- People skills ~ exceptionally skilled at welcoming, serving and interacting with customers and staff
- Manage and work in a team ~ may need to intervene in any conflict that may arise or resolve a range of problems
- Leadership ~ able to effectively manage and coordinate an entire front house team and also the relationship with suppliers
- Be precise to ensure the best possible customer experience. The front of house manager must monitor the work of each individual and pay close attention to every detail.
- Strong English skills both verbal and written
- Basic math and computer skills
- Interpersonal and customer service skills need to be outstanding, and need be goal-driven. Should also be comfortable with pulling double-duty and be able to help the rest of the staff during peak hours.
Education & Experience: Minimum of a high school education or equivalent accompanied by industry and Managerial experience
General: Satisfactory completion of introductory period per company policy
Travel: This position does not require any travel.
Working Hours: The duties of this position require evenings and weekends to accommodate the operating hours of the restaurant. It also requires some daytime hours for office work and preparation for operational hours.