Ralco is a science and technology company that provides the agriculture and aquaculture industries with natural technologies that help create safe and abundant food. It is our mission to perfect technologies that naturally create an abundant global food supply. We carry out our mission through applied science and research that enhance practical natural technologies for the agriculture and aquaculture industries. In a world filled with technology that people mistrust, creative thinking has driven Ralco to provide trusted alternatives.
Our Mission: Steward out God-given gifts to perfect technologies that enhance the vitality of plants and animals for a safe and abundant global food supply.
Our Values: We serve others and help them succeed. We treat others with dignity and respect. We believe in hard work and a commitment to family. We do what is right.
The maintenance technician position is responsible for performing highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and processes to support the achievement of the site’s business goals and objectives. This position will also be responsible for entering and maintaining data in the maintenance tracking computer program pertaining to all maintenance activities. This position requires a person who is self-motivated, enjoys a wide variety of daily challenges, is excited to learn, and has an interest in mechanics.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive and duties may vary based on departmental and company needs.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Perform highly diversified duties to install and maintain production machines and the plant facility’s equipment.
- Provide emergency/unscheduled repairs of production equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of production equipment during machine service.
- Perform simple machinist duties and responsibilities.
- Perform mechanic skills including, but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic, troubleshooting and repair of production machines.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals and work orders to perform required maintenance and service.
- Diagnose problems, replace or repair parts, test and make adjustments.
- Perform regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment and plant facilities.
- Perform a variety of plumbing maintenance and carpentry functions.
- Use a variety of hand and power tools, electric meters and material handling equipment in performing duties.
- Detect faulty operations, defective material and report those and any unusual situations to proper supervision.
- Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
- Enter and maintain data in the maintenance tracking computer program on all maintenance activities.
Qualifications and Skills
- General: Competent with computers; proficient in reading electrical and pneumatic schematics; basic understanding of Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and the associated inputs and outputs (I/O); basic understanding of X, Y, and Z coordinates as they relate to robotics.
- Education: High School Diploma or the equivalent.
- Experience: General maintenance and/or machinery maintenance experience preferred, but not required.
- Physical: This position is very active and requires standing, walking, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing all day. The employee must frequently lift and/or move items over 75 pounds. Employee must also be comfortable with heights.
Benefits and Perks
All existing benefits available to full time Ralco employees as outlined in the handbook:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ralco 401 K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation/Sick Days