Ralco is a science and technology company that provides the agriculture and aquaculture industries with natural technologies that help create safe and abundant food. It is our mission to perfect technologies that naturally create an abundant global food supply. We carry out our mission through applied science and research that enhance practical natural technologies for the agriculture and aquaculture industries. In a world filled with technology that people mistrust, creative thinking has driven Ralco to provide trusted alternatives. Our technologies come to life through products in our Ralco brands: Ralco Nutrition, Strong Animals®, Agnition®, trū® Shrimp and Ralco Show.
Steward our God-given gifts to perfect technologies that enhance the vitality of plants and animals for a safe and abundant food supply.
We do what is right
We serve others and help them succeed
We believe in hard work and a commitment to family
We treat others with dignity and respect
As Marketing Manager, you are charged with managing and promoting a line of products to create awareness and trial leading to expanded penetration and contribution to Ralco’s business. You will develop and execute marketing strategies that grow profit of existing products in addition to launching new products that make a meaningful contribution to the business. You will leverage customer insights and market intelligence to ensure that products are positioned for growth. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand customer problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with sales, technical, and product specialists to understand your customer and their motivations and to perfect the product, positioning, place (channel), promotion, and price. You will also oversee any product specialists who serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales team and key customers to support your strategic efforts. A marketing manager's key role is strategic, not tactical.
KEY WORK DUTIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Manage the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to detailed product launch.
- Evaluate the opportunity for existing products and new product concepts and prioritizing efforts towards projects that will have the greatest return.
- Specify market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and non-customers.
- Drive a solution set across development teams (technical, sales, marketing, purchasing, regulatory, manufacturing) through market requirements, in-field testing, positioning, pricing and promotion.
- Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing market share and gross profit contribution while ensuring customers experience a strong return on investment.
- Work with product innovation teams to develop and implement a go-to-market plan, working with all areas of the company to execute.
- Analyze potential partner relationships for the product.
- Coordinate promotional activities (advertising, content marketing, lead nurturing, promotions, etc.) to market products and services.
- Oversee and direct the work of product managers, product specialists and external agencies.
- Work with the sales team to establish a volume forecast for all products in your line.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Sales or Business Ag related field.
Experience: 5+ years of responsibility in Marketing, Brand, and/or Product Management.
Physical: The following activities are required as needed to perform the job function; lifting, driving, bending, climbing, carrying and twisting. Confined space entry is not a required job function. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key work duties.
Travel: This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites.
Location: This position is located in the Ralco Headquarters office in Marshall, MN