At Atlantic Place, our food is created and prepared by a chef, not a cook. We carefully select fresh and local ingredients that will expand your palate with both familiar and new favorites and our friendly and knowledgeable staff will increase your knowledge of different types of foods and the ways we make them better. At Atlantic Place, we exist to create memorable and fun dining experiences that help you connect with the people you love and leave you feeling refreshed and inspired.
The cook will prepare meals and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing ingredients, adhering to the restaurant menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, assist other cooks and staff and deliver food in a fast-paced environment. Work may include operating a grill, oven, or fryer. Previous experience in a team environment and various cooking methods preferred.
KEY WORK DUTIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS
- Set up, clean, and organize workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.) in a safe and timely manner
- Cook food, adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures
- Ability to be creative
- Complete Daily Opening and Closing Checklists.
- Ensure proper rotation of food and supplies is done.
- Ensure correct amount of prep is completed.
- Demonstrate correct portioning of all menu items.
- Maintain a clean kitchen.
- Know Health Department sanitation standards and comply with them.
- Cooperate with the entire staff and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- All other duties as assigned
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Basic math, including addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Physical endurance to stand for an entire shift
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Able to quickly memorize complex or multiple orders
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks
- Legally able to work in establishments which serve alcohol
- Able to bend, move, reach, and lift up to 25 pounds or more
- Able to sit, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, taste or smell
- Physically able to stand and move during the length of shift; able to bend and kneel through shift
- Able to speak, read and write in English
Education: High school degree or equivalent
Experience: Entry level
General: Satisfactory completion of introductory period per company policy
Physical: See above in job requirements
Travel: There is no travel with this position
Starting Wage: $18.00 per hour