Culinary Internship - Atlantic Place
As a Culinary Intern at Atlantic Place, you will have an opportunity to work alongside a professionally trained Chef to gain experience preparing high quality food in a restaurant and banquet setting. Interns will learn to prepare unique dishes, working with fresh and local ingredients. During the duration of the internship, interns will also gain experience working in banquet prep, menu creation, and purchasing and inventory. This person should be highly motivated, exceptional at multi-tasking, enjoy a fast-paced environment, and be a team player.
This job description is not meant to be all inclusive and duties may vary based on departmental and company needs.
KEY WORK DUTIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Set up, clean, and organize workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.) in a safe and timely manner.
- Cook food, adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures.
- Ability to be creative.
- Complete Daily Opening and Closing Checklists.
- Ensure proper rotation of food and supplies is done.
- Ensure correct amount of prep is completed.
- Demonstrate correct portioning of all menu items.
- Maintain a clean kitchen.
- Know Health Department sanitation standards and comply with them.
- Cooperate with the entire staff and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Basic math, including addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Must be able to understand basic culinary terminology
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Able to quickly memorize complex or multiple orders
- Manual dexterity to cut and chop foods and perform other related tasks
- Legally able to work in establishments which serve alcohol
- Able to speak, read and write in English
Education: Enrolled in a Culinary Arts program or desire to pursue a career in Culinary Arts. High school degree or the equivalent required.
Experience: Experience in restaurant or banquet setting preferred.
Physical: Must be able to lift 25 lbs, stand for long periods of time, climb stairs daily, ability to bend, taste or smell, and lift frequently. May encounter temperatures ranging from 32 degrees to 425 degrees Fahrenheit around equipment. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key work duties.
Location: Marshall, MN
Hours: This is a full-time internship. Primarily evenings and weekend work but will need to be available for daytime and holiday shifts.
Learn more about Atlantic Place at https://www.atlanticplacemarshall.com.