The Bartender is responsible for providing exceptional beverage service to guests. Duties of this position include, mixing and serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to guests of the service bar following standard recipes in a friendly, timely and courteous manner. As a bartender, we count on you to create a unique, personal experience for each guest you encounter.
KEY WORK DUTIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Adhere to state and federal liquor regulations pertaining to serving alcoholic beverages
- Set up bar
- Maintain stock, prepare, and store all fresh fruit and vegetable garnishes, juices and other perishables to ensure product quality
- Takes and/or processes orders for drinks; mixes, garnishes, and presents drinks using standard ingredient recipes; practices prudent portion control
- Check the identification of customers to ensure they are of legal drinking age
- Collect payment from customers
- Clean bar, tables, and work area
- Arranges bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in the bar area.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND PROFICIENCIES:
- Knowledge of liquor laws
- Maintain cleanliness
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Proficient communication in English – both verbal and written
- Basic proficiency in math, computers, and POS
- Time management and memory
- Situational awareness
Education: High School
Age: Must be 21 years of age or older
Experience: Experience preferred
General: Satisfactory completion of introductory period per company policy
Travel: This position does not require any travel.
Physical: Must have ability to:
- remain stationary for long periods of up to four (4) hours in length
- to safely reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift up to 25 pounds
- frequent immerse hands in water
- wear required protective personal equipment as required
- disinfect your area throughout entire shift
- frequently wash hands with disinfecting soap throughout shift.