At Atlantic Place, our food is created and prepared by a chef, not a cook. We carefully select fresh and local ingredients that will expand your palate with both familiar and new favorites and our friendly and knowledgeable staff will increase your knowledge of different types of foods and the ways we make them better. At Atlantic Place, we exist to create memorable and fun dining experiences that help you connect with the people you love and leave you feeling refreshed and inspired.
The Sous Chef will prepare a variety of unique dishes and follow establishment recipes. Duties include preparing fresh ingredients, adhering to the restaurant menu, and following food health and safety procedures. Cook, clean, assist Executive Chef and other staff, and deliver food in a fast-paced environment to help create a memorable experience for customers. Work may include operating a grill, oven, stove, and other kitchen appliances. Previous experience in a team environment and various cooking methods preferred.
KEY WORK DUTIES AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Set up, clean, and organize workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking equipment.
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling vegetables, cutting meat etc.) in a safe and timely manner.
- Ensure correct amount of prep is completed.
- Cook food, adhering to food safety, food handling, and sanitation procedures.
- Complete Daily Opening and Closing Checklists.
- Ensure proper rotation of food and supplies is done.
- Demonstrate correct portioning of all menu items.
- Ensure the Line and Prep cooks prepare food and dishes according to Head Chef’s specifications and standards.
- Address and resolve diners’ and clients’ questions and complaints quickly and appropriately.
- Maintain a clean kitchen.
- Know Health Department sanitation standards and comply with them.
- Train new kitchen employees on restaurant’s standards and regulations.
- Cooperate with the entire staff and demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to be creative
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Basic math, including addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Works well as part of a team and on individual tasks
- Able to quickly memorize complex or multiple orders
- Legally able to work in establishments which serve alcohol
- Able to speak, read and write in English
Education: High school degree or equivalent
Experience: 3+ years of experience in a restaurant or similar setting preferred.
General: Satisfactory completion of introductory period per company policy.
Physical: Physical endurance to stand for an entire shift; manual dexterity to cut and chop foods; able to bend, reach, kneel, balance, stoop, crouch, taste or smell, and climb stairs; Able to lift 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key work duties.
Starting Wage: $18.00 per hour