trū® Shrimp provides the most cutting-edge technology and knowledge to the shrimp industry. trū® Shrimp is developing the pinnacle of shrimp production methodology that produces safe and healthy shrimp for a growing population. At trū® Shrimp, product quality, consumer safety and a consistent shrimp supply are at the forefront of every day.
The trū® Shrimp Pilot Production and Innovation Center is a state-of-the-art facility to determine the impact of shrimp nutrition and health products on growth and survivability. Staffed with a team of industry-leading experts, the center is complete with two production tidal basins, 144 shrimp research tanks, 16 nursery holding tanks, an animal health laboratory and water quality and shrimp feed laboratories. trū® Shrimp continually studies its exclusive technologies and conducts contract research.
The Maintenance/Cleaning Laboratory Technician is responsible for providing assistance and support to the research process in the trū Shrimp Innovation Center. This job will assist in the preparation, execution and clean-up of various experiments designed to enrich the trū Shrimp Company’s products. The Maintenance/Cleaning Laboratory Technician is also responsible for routine maintenance of the various equipment used in the laboratory.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Assists in the setup of equipment for various trials and tests.
- Collects and records data throughout the length of the experiments and trials ensuring data are recorded accurately.
- Assists in the examination of animal specimens to identify characteristics that are indicative of a failing test or other problems.
- Supports the feeding process for the testing facilities, ensuring the appropriate mix is being administered at the correct intervals.
- Under direct supervision, operates basic laboratory equipment used for measuring and evaluating specimens and their environment.
- Cleans equipment after experiments and trials in order to avoid cross contamination.
- Inspects equipment and facilities and identifies signs of wear and tear and replacement needs.
- Within scope of responsibility and capability, repairs and replaces laboratory equipment parts and components.
- With guidance from management, develops a preventative maintenance schedule.
- Identifies opportunities for process and procedure improvements and assists management in developing and implementing best practices.
- Ensures safety policies are integrated into all daily activities.
- In collaboration with your supervisor, develop a unique professional development plan to ensure that you are pursuing and fulfilling your professional and personal goals in a diligent and thoughtful manner.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education: Minimum of a High School diploma required.
- Experience: Minimum two years of experience with mechanical work or laboratory assistant work preferred. Experience with livestock or agriculture testing is preferred.
- General: Satisfactorily complete introductory period per company policy.
- Physical: The physical requirements for this job that are characterized as used occasionally, frequently, or frequently are listed as follows: Carrying/lifting greater than 20 lbs., climbing, finger dexterity, hearing, seeing, sitting, standing, typing, typing, and walking. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the key work duties.
- Travel: This position requires periodic travel to trū Shrimp facilities, customer and non-customer sites worldwide. Due to travel requirements, a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation are required.
- Work Environment: Work typically takes place in a laboratory setting. This includes daily exposure to 88º Fahrenheit temperatures and ~50% humidity.
- Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Other Characteristics:
- Ability to read, comprehend and follow detailed instructions.
- Basic understanding of cleaning and sanitation practices.
- Ability to keep work area clean and well maintained.
- Ability to develop and build strong professional relationships.
- Ability to work effectively in a team setting.
- Possess a strong attention to detail.
Benefits and Perks
All existing benefits available to full time Ralco employees as outlined in the handbook:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ralco 401 K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation/Sick Days