Ralco is a science and technology company that provides the agriculture and aquaculture industries with natural technologies that help create safe and abundant food. It is our mission to perfect technologies that naturally create an abundant global food supply. We carry out our mission through applied science and research that enhance practical natural technologies for the agriculture and aquaculture industries. In a world filled with technology that people mistrust, creative thinking has driven Ralco to provide trusted alternatives.
Our Mission: Steward our God-given gifts to perfect technologies that enhance the vitality of plants and animals for a safe and abundant global food supply.
Our Values: We do what is right. We serve others and help them succeed. We treat others with dignity and respect. We believe in hard work and a commitment to family.
As the Statistician you are responsible for developing and applying sound statistical and mathematical principles and methods to advise Ralco personnel in designing experiments and treatments, collecting, conditioning and analyzing data and reporting the results in the most effective manner with tables and charts and communicate these results to the appropriate personnel. There is a need for this position to be highly organized and disciplined in performing these services in a timely manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- As a member of the technical team you must foster teamwork among all members of the technical team, sales and marketing organizations and other Ralco operational and business units and personnel.
- You will provide experimental design and treatment design expertise and advice to Ralco research personnel during the experimental planning process.
- You will be responsible for creating the appropriate statistical model and performing statistical analysis on the data and perform the appropriate orthogonal contrasts, mean separation tests, covariate analysis, multivariate analysis, regression analysis and other relevant statistical methods.
- You will responsible for assisting in establishing, maintaining and accessing databases that apply broadly to Ralco’s diverse business interests; animal and poultry nutrition, animal and poultry health, agronomy and aquaculture interests.
- You will also lead efforts to gain information from the databases over a collection of experiments (meta- analysis approach) to create regression equations that describe feed intake curves, caloric intake curves, performance responses to nutrient intakes, growth curves and other relevant information. This is to include identifying correlated responses among various dependent and independent variables.
- It is expected that you will take the initiative to develop your own unique professional development plan to ensure that you are pursuing and filling your professional and personal goals and share that plan with your supervisor and other relevant Ralco personnel.
- You should occasionally attend industry and scientific meetings and conferences for the purpose of networking with other technical colleagues from industry, academia and governmental agencies.
- You also have a responsibility to effectively share the most relevant information gained from these meetings with other Ralco technical team members.
- Be proactive in seeing to understand the needs of the various research managers to ensure that you are exceeding their expectations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education: Minimum of a MS in applied biostatistics or related discipline.
- Experience: Three years of experience is preferred which includes experience gained during graduate school training. Must be proficient in utilizing statistical analysis software, preferably SAS. A knowledge of animal and poultry production is also preferred.
- General: Satisfactorily complete introductory period per company policy.
- Physical: The following activities are required as needed to perform the job function; lifting, driving, bending, climbing, carrying and twisting. Confined space entry is not a required job function.
- Travel: This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites worldwide.
Benefits and Perks
All existing benefits available to full time Ralco employees as outlined in the handbook:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ralco 401 K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation/Sick Days