Ralco is a science and technology company that provides the agriculture and aquaculture industries with natural technologies that help create safe and abundant food. It is our mission to perfect technologies that naturally create an abundant global food supply. We carry out our mission through applied science and research that enhance practical natural technologies for the agriculture and aquaculture industries. In a world filled with technology that people mistrust, creative thinking has driven Ralco to provide trusted alternatives.
Our Mission: Steward our God-given gifts to perfect technologies that enhance the vitality of plants and animals for a safe and abundant global food supply.
Our Values: We serve others and help them succeed. We treat others with dignity and respect. We believe in hard work and a commitment to family. We do what is right.
As the Swine Research Coordinator, you are responsible for working with the necessary personnel to execute research protocols to support the advancement of research and development of Ralco technologies and programs. Expertise in research and animal production will be imperative to the success and efficiency of this position. There is a need for this position to be highly organized and disciplined in performing these services in a timely manner.
Responsibilities and Duties
- As a member of the technical team you must foster teamwork among all members of the technical team, sales and marketing organizations and other Ralco operational and business units and personnel.
- You will provide expertise in executing the research process from protocol development to final report generation.
- You will be responsible for organizing the necessary functions associated with research projects and communicating with the appropriate people and locations to accomplish these functions. This can include pig delivery, feed delivery, farm data collection (pig weights, ultrasound measurements, blood collection, etc), pig marketings, and carcass data.
- You will work to execute the research protocols in conjunction with the research facility personnel.
- You will be responsible for time and calendar management to ensure scheduling and execution of research objectives.
- You will be responsible for maintaining communication with the appropriate technical team personnel on matters related to specific research projects.
- You will be responsible for timely data summarization to be used for statistical analysis and for final data reporting for the research experiments conducted.
- You will be responsible for maintaining organized records of protocols, data, and final research reports for easy access and reference.
- It is expected that you will take the initiative to develop your own unique professional development plan to ensure that you are pursuing and fulfilling your professional and personal goals and share that plan with your supervisor and other relevant Ralco personnel.
- You should occasionally attend industry and scientific meetings and conferences for the purpose of networking with other technical colleagues from industry, academia and governmental agencies.
- You also have a responsibility to effectively share the most relevant information gained from these meetings with other Ralco technical team members.
- You need to be proactive in seeking to understand the needs of the various research managers to ensure that you are exceeding their expectations.
Qualifications and Skills
Education: Minimum of a MS in animal science.
Experience: Three years of experience in research execution is preferred which includes experience gained during graduate school training. Must possess a knowledge of animal production.
General: Satisfactorily complete introductory period per company policy.
Physical: The following activities are required as needed to perform the job function; lifting, driving, bending, climbing, carrying and twisting. Confined space entry is not a required job function.
Travel: This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites worldwide.
Benefits and Perks
All existing benefits available to full time Ralco employees as outlined in the handbook:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ralco 401 K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation/Sick Days