Ralco is a science and technology company that provides the agriculture and aquaculture industries with natural technologies that help create safe and abundant food. It is our mission to perfect technologies that naturally create an abundant global food supply. We carry out our mission through applied science and research that enhance practical natural technologies for the agriculture and aquaculture industries. In a world filled with technology that people mistrust, creative thinking has driven Ralco to provide trusted alternatives.
Our Mission: Steward out God-given gifts to perfect technologies that enhance the vitality of plants and animals for a safe and abundant global food supply.
Our Values: We serve others and help them succeed. We treat others with dignity and respect. We believe in hard work and a commitment to family. We do what is right.
As Brand Manager, you are charged with launching and managing the trū Shrimp brand to become the preeminent brand of shrimp in the global marketplace. You will leverage customer insight and market intelligence to ensure that the brand is positioned for growth and will execute marketing strategies to ensure that growth. You must be a gifted consumer marketer that knows how to collect marketing knowledge and identify key insights that can be clearly communicated to connect with the consumer.
You will oversee a large market research project including primary, secondary and syndicated research that will result in the ultimate positioning and branding execution in the marketplace. The work will include such activities as gathering and defining customer channel requirements, studying consumer attitudes and preferences, sensory analysis, concept testing, focus groups, etc. You will be actively involved in the sales process and will seek to understand needs of customers through various distribution channels in addition to serving as the advocate for the needs of the consumer. You will work with technical and operations team to understand points of differentiation and ensure the strength of our product offering.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Managing the entire brand development and launch life cycle from strategic planning to detailed launch.
- Maintain the ongoing health and awareness of the brand to ensure expected and consistent execution and to manage perception in the marketplace.
- Develop and maintain a strong understanding of the competitive landscape to ensure the strength of our competitive position, points of differentiation and ability to make and defend claims in the marketplace.
- Oversee market research activities including gathering and evaluating secondary & syndicated research, overseeing the execution of executive interviews & focus groups, overseeing sensory and product quality testing, execute concept testing and brand awareness and usage studies.
- Work with the broader marketing team as you oversee the development of the brand messaging and execution and validate it with consumers.
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and non-customers in various channels.
- Driving a solution set across development teams (Technical, Marketing Communications, Sales, Purchasing, Regulatory, Operations) through market requirements, in-field testing, positioning, pricing and promotion.
- Develop pricing strategies with the goal of maximizing the company’s profits or share of the market while ensuring customers are highly satisfied.
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
- Coordinates promotional activities with Marketing Communications to market products and services.
- Works with the sales team to establish a volume forecast for all products in your line.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
- Education: Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Sales or Business related field.
- Experience: 5+ years of responsibility in consumer marketing and brand management.
- Physical: The following activities are required as needed to perform the job function; lifting, driving, bending, climbing, carrying and twisting. Confined space entry is not a required job function.
- Travel: This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites.
Benefits and Perks
All existing benefits available to full time Ralco employees as outlined in the handbook:
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Ralco 401 K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation/Sick Days